BRANDENBURG--COMANDOS ALEMANES EN LA SGM

Nacht

05-07-2008

References:

Brandenburgers in NA Routes... Map...

Nacht

05-07-2008

LWS landing... in NA

Unpublished and not for duplication or reposting!

Brandenburgers with Italian guides on route examination raid... Unpublished trio photo set?

Brandenburger KO'd Sd.Kfz.223 examined by LRDG! New to be published in AANA Member Pittaway's book on Rhodesian LRDG...

LRDG examine KO'd Sd.Kfz.222

Brandenburger Captured UC's in Tunisia... near Tunis...

MIGUEL WITTMAN

05-07-2008

Buenas fotos Nacht, gracias por el aporte.

Saludos.

Nacht

06-07-2008

[color=red]Brandenburgers on the Island of Kos and their actions might be of interest?[/color]

¿El Brandenburgers a la Isla de Kos y sus acciones podría ser del interés?

MIGUEL WITTMAN

06-07-2008

Todos los aportes son bienvenidos Nacht.

Saludos.

Moisin-Nagant

06-07-2008

Buena información y fotos Nacht, aunque no comparto lo de poner marcas a las fotos. 

Cualquier información que tengas será bien recibida.

¿Esos libros que mencionas los tienes en formato digital? estaría interesado en conseguirlos.

Y por ultimo, tomado del libro de Osprey Unidades de elite Alemanas 1939-1945, un Mayor de la DIvision Brandenburguer.

Good info and pics Nacht, even that I don´t agree with putting marks on pictures. 

All the info you can give will be important and well received.

Those books you have posted... do you have them in digital version? I am interested in getting them.

Also, dont be surprised if I edit your posts to translate them, i won´t erase anything, just put in spanish what you say in english, below your original text. 

Nacht

07-07-2008

Much appreciated as I must repeatedly apologize for my poor command of the Castillan Spanish...

The three posted books above have two in nearly complete form in a Google search that is available in a simple translate the webpage format but the Green Devils from H&C is not online to my knowledge.

These titles are also not so easily available in Spanish text either as I do not remember seeing the H&C in Spanish but only French/English text... my forte is in the NA & MTO Campaigns and have a considerable collection to try to share with many friends here but they must deal with a sort of dual text submission until I can better hone my skills in Spanish. At least I am trying to learn more of the Spanish language idiosyncrasies...

I was requested to start sharing more here and am trying my best to add a bit of fresh or unpublished material. The photographs have considerable monetary value in our AANA group's publication efforts and must be watermarked or copyright protected because of inapropriate internet borrowing. Sorry but this is the price we all must pay for those that do not follow our group's request to not post an image at another location without our written authority. Too many persons on the internet think because they see an image or graphic or even something written in an article assume that something posted on the internet is theirs to borrow or reprint.

I have a specific photographic of one of the two early diesel Schwimmwagens that the Brandenburgers were shipped into NA that has not been printed but is to be included in a book to be released in November. This is the only photographic evidence of a Schwimmwagen in Tunisia or NA... It was one of the few vehicles of the Brandenburgers that ended up on Kos from NA after the capitulation in May, 1943. I will not reproduce it here because of just this mentioned type of inappropriate internet borrowing. I have seen a tremendous amount of plagerism from some eastern european authors/book printers & Chinese book printers in just the last year without payment or acknowledgement to the holders of the copyright for either images or illustrations.

My friend Jean Restayn has had a complete series of his personal illustrations on the early Tiger I in NA and quite a bit of his original text translated to Czech/Slavic but reprinted in a Czech book without even acknowledging that he did the work nor even paying him a bit of money for his research or his drawings. The author did not even include Jean's name in the reference pages! Something has to change... and I am sorry to have to explain this to readers as a bit of a rant. We work very hard in our small AANA author research group to gain permissions and approval before releasing information or printing changes or found errors in author works from our newly uncovered reference research. Our effort is to confer with the originating author first to cooberate the evidentiary proofs. Our group has some 125,000 photographic images and 3/4 are owned by our user group members for publication use by our author member's written articles and books inclusions. Nearly a quarter million pages of archival research materials from museum and archival resources are stored on our web archive or on hand for AANA member access and I have shared a few unpublished images here with a hope that they might gain reader interest in what can be uncovered with the right associative tools at hand.

The Osprey Special Forces text mentioned above is a descent book but wrought with factual errors and ommissions.

I should post the entire text to conclude the written elements of the associated Brandenburger elements and also the information about the Free Arabian Corps that I have tried to also add some photographs in other threads here on the forum that were available to me.

Moisin-Nagant

07-07-2008

If you have payed for those pics and scanned them, or own the rigths, then you are in your right to mark them.

But I disagree with the type of marking used for example in some pages, i think is better not to name them, where they take pictures from internet and marked them.

Well... keep on with the good work 

Bruno

08-07-2008

Great contribution Nacht. 

Moisin-Nagant

09-07-2008

Operación “Barbarossa” Unión Soviética. Para dicha operación, se dividió al Regimiento, y la mayoría fue asignada a cada ejército a lo largo de la frontera. El 1er Batallón al mando de Heinz luchó con el grupo de ejércitos del sur.

Encontre un hermoso material sobre Heinz, pero lamentablemente no me animo a traducirlo por miedo a crear errores, se que Paradise puede traducir aleman, quizas el se anime a hacerlo o nuestro nuevo camarada Nacht.

El link en cuestion: http://www.friedrich-wilhelm-heinz.de/index2.html

Saludos!

Nacht

09-07-2008

Moisin-Nagant,

Do you want me to translate from the German to English or French this linked article http://www.friedrich-wilhelm-heinz.de/index2.html ? My Castillan Spanish is like that of a child and I would not try to be understandable in translating correctly!

Moisin-Nagant

09-07-2008

Moisin-Nagant, Do you want me to translate from the German to English or French this linked article http://www.friedrich-wilhelm-heinz.de/index2.html ? My Castillan Spanish is like that of a child and I would not try to be understandable in translating correctly!

If you translate it to english i can translate it to spanihs. Great team Work 

Nacht

11-07-2008

M-G...

My paint and writing /research partner that you may know of his name? Jan Vieregge and I will try to work through it together for you... Jan is in Germany and we are currently translating the Weiss map section diaries of the artillery spotting unit for the 15./PD...

So give us a bit of time... and I will also share some more on the Brandenburgers in NA...

Moisin-Nagant

11-07-2008

M-G... My paint and writing /research partner that you may know of his name? Jan Vieregge and I will try to work through it together for you... Jan is in Germany and we are currently translating the Weiss map section diaries of the artillery spotting unit for the 15./PD... So give us a bit of time... and I will also share some more on the Brandenburgers in NA...

Dont worry Nacht, take all the time you need. 

And goog luck with those diaries 

Nacht

11-07-2008

Good Luck is needed...

Haz login o regístrate para participar