Paracaidistas

MIGUEL WITTMAN

09-05-2008

En las otras 2 coincido contigo en pensar que son de Túnez.

No las había visto antes.

Saludos.

Deleted member

09-05-2008

Le escribí a un amigo conocedor, y me respondió lo siguiente :

"Sobre el fallschirmjager de la MG-42, comentar que cuando preparé un tema sobre la Operación Student, los fallschirmjager se sorprendieron al encontrar tropas italianas de la división "M" con MG-42, armamento que ellos no tenían, pues seguían usando la MG antigua.

Por tanto estamos hablando de septiembre de 1943.

Por tanto la foto es después de esta fecha y mucho después de la Campaña de Creta y Túnez. Considero que es en la costa italiana...finales 1943 a 1944."

De la otra me indicó que investigaría más.

Quizás un conocedor de la MG-42 nos pudiera entregar alguna otra información.

Respecto de la del cañón contracarros italiano me inclino por Túnez. Allí los paracaidistas vigilaron la costa, y además usaron bastante material italiano, existen fotos de paracaidistas alemanes hasta sobre tanques italianos en Túnez.

Pero todavía no estoy seguro.....

Saludos. 

Balthasar Woll

10-05-2008

Creo que tú amigo se equivoca Juan Manoel, durante los desembarcos aliados en Sicilia los Fallschimjager Regiment 3º y 4º les hicieron frente y ya disponian de las MG 42, hay fotos de ello:

Al igual que los Fallschimjager de la Operación Student, tambien hay fotos de ellos con MG 42 en las calles de Roma:

Estas excelentes ametralladoras entraron en servicio a finales del 42 en los frentes africano y ruso. En cuanto a la foto de los Fallschimjager con el cañón, puede ser en Tunez o bien en Sicilia, yo me decantaria por la 2ª opción de todas maneras buscaré a ver si encuentro esa foto por algún otro lado.

Saludos

Deleted member

12-05-2008

Consulté nuevamente y mi amigo me indicó que es raro ya que en la pág 15 del libro "Les lions de Carentan" se indica :

"Les soldats du II Bataillon nén croient pas leurs yeux... canons 8,8... Kfz12 et 15...Mais, ce qui fait particulierment mal aux yeux ... césta la MG-42, la nouvelle mitralleuse allemande,fabuleuse, qui ne doit connaitre por ainso dire aucun enrayage et qui gace a son enorme vitesse de tir, est-soi-disant qualifée deja par les russes de "mitralleuse electrique".

Les parachitistes qui sont encore equipée avec la MG-34 reniflent la bonne affaire...."

Solo habla del II/FJR6, pero al ser uno de los batallones de élite el presupone que todos los batallones estaban equipados con la MG-34, por lo que le parece raro.

Saludos.

Balthasar Woll

12-05-2008

Habria que saber a que año hace referencia el libro. De todas maneras las MG 42 no llegaron a suplir del todo a las MG 34 en el Ejercito Aleman, simplemente se complementaban.

Saludos

MIGUEL WITTMAN

12-05-2008

Eso es cierto, ambos modelos estuvieron en servicio hasta el final de la guerra.

Saludos.

Deleted member

12-05-2008

Esto de rehacer la historia como cuesta......las opiniones son variadas y de una u otra forma todas valederas.

Saludos.

Nacht

22-06-2008

Luftwaffenjäger-Brigade 1 or Fallschirmjäger-Ramcke Brigade

(Query about photograph... this is not a KFz. 15!... and the vehicle is 'spotting' for the Kroh section or I Bataillon...)

La pregunta sobre la fotografía ... este no es un KFz.15! ... y el vehículo 'manchan' para la sección Kroh o (Uno / I) Bataillon...

(This is actually a Light Uniform Pkw which came or was built in various forms... Kfz.1 Utility Car, Kfz.2 Radio Car, KFz.3 Survey Car, Kfz.4 Light AA car with twin MG Pedestal mount, etc...)

Este es realmente Pkw uniforme ligero que vino o fue construido en varias formas... Coche de Utilidad de Kfz.1, Coche de Radio de Kfz.2, Coche de Revisión de KFz.3, Luz de Kfz.4 coche de AA con montaje de Pedestal de MG. de gemelo, etc....

(Here are the basics of the four Battalions and their insignia... it appears that the use of the Black or Red Dräche or 'Kite' and Black or Red 'R' (for Ramcke) have some particular significance in the demarcation of companies within the individual battalions. Also, the use of the stencil and or the kite having hash marks may have significance in demarcation of the company as well.

The basic battalion 'logos'...)

Aquí están los fundamentos de los cuatro Batallones y su insignia ... parece que el uso de Dräche Negro o rojo 'o Milano' y 'R' Negro o rojo (para Ramcke) tiene algún significado particular en la demarcación de compañías dentro de los batallones individuales. También, el uso de la plantilla y o el milano que tiene señales de picadillo puede tener el significado en la demarcación de la compañía también.

(Markings for each section or Bataillon of the "Ramcke Brigade")

Marcas para cada sección o Bataillon "de la Brigada de Ramcke"

(More information about the Ramcke Brigade is located here and about the book I worked on for publication from v. d. Heydte... Daedalus Returns and its reprinting from the 1958 edition...)

Más información sobre de la Ramcke Brigada es localizada aquí y sobre el libro trabajé en para la publicación de v. d. Heydte... Vueltas de Daedalus y su reimpresión de la edición 1958...

http://www.afrikakorps.org/ramcke_brigade.htm

Balthasar Woll

22-06-2008

Gracias por la información Nacht.

Saludos

Nacht

06-07-2008

Gracias!

Would readers of the forum here like for me to add more? ¿Lectores del foro aquí como para mí para añadir más?

I simply wish my Castillan Spanish was of an adequate nature for full understanding! ¡Simplemente lamento que mi español Castillan no fuera de una naturaleza adecuada para el entendimiento lleno!

Ramcke Group... not for sharing outside or duplication of this forum! ¡Grupo de Ramcke ... no para compartir fuera o copia de este foro!

MIGUEL WITTMAN

06-07-2008

Buenas fotos Nacht.

Saludos.

Nacht

11-07-2008

The WL-59219 Ramcke Light Utility Vehicle also has the K identifier beside the Ramcke "Kite" shield... for Major Kroh of the I. Bataillon... and sorry to omit this detail but helps to clarify the dating for the photo...

Deleted member

11-07-2008

Estimado Nacht, es muy bueno lo que espones, y puede ser que me puedas ayudar en lo siguiente :

Estoy buscando información lo más acabada porsible del Regimiento Barenthin y de la Luftwaffenjäger Brigade N° 1, me podrías decir donde recopilar información sobre ellos.

Muchas Gracias. Saludos desde Chile.

Nacht

11-07-2008

Just to interject and not get the other thread readers the wrong perception my reworked book of v.d.Heydte only tells of his operations from start of war to end of the capture of Crete...

I also have his 'unpublished' diaries and the start of his unpublished diary of operations from Crete to point of capture during the Battle of the Bulge!!!

Mi amigo Jaun...

These two books are an absolute 'must have' for any understanding of the Falschirmjager... as they put together the establishment and the base cadre that became the future elements of the various parachute service units... (except some VERY specialized or trained Brandenburger personnel)

This is the referenced Green Devils and the Ryton offering might also be of interest?

maybe this one also would be of interest?

Nacht

11-07-2008

Fallschirmjäger regiment Barenthin was part of von Broich/Manteuffel Division and had 3 battalions.

The Fallschirmjäger regiment 5. had only I and III (II Bataillon was part of the Ramcke brigade) and during Tunisian campaign was transferred to Hermann Göring Division and renamed Jäger regiment HG.

In some orders of battle I've seen a Sturm Regiment Koch or H.G. as part of Panzer Division 10. I suppose that it would be only a temporary attachement and that this regiment is the same Fallschirmjäger Regiment 5. But we also have ohers FJR units and attachments involved... both back and forth...

From my notes above... Ramcke's brigade:

Kampfgruppe Kroh--I/FJR 2

Kampfgruppe von der Heydte--I/FJR 3

Kampfgruppe Hübner--II/FJR 5

Kampfgruppe Burckhardt--Fallsch Lehr-Bataillion

See chart earlier for more details...

Burckhardt's Lehr-Bataillion had previously served in Libya,January-March 1942,then redeployed back to Germany.

My understanding is that the remnants of FJR 5 were merged into the existing Jäger regiment HG.

Ramcke's survivors from Egypt could only muster one company equivalent,Fallsch Komp Sauer.

Another member of our AANA /  AFRIKAKORPS.Org JonG includes these notes...

The Barenthin Regiment was a newly-raised regiment which was sent to Tunisia in 1943. It was raised from staff and pupils of the Luftwaffe parachute schools. It had no direct relation to the 5th FJ Regiment. In Alexander's assessment the Barenthin Regiment was 'perhaps the best German troops in Africa' (pdf link)

However, a Storm Regiment Koch served alongside Regiment Barenthin in Tunisia. This regiment was originally formed as Fallschirmjägerregiment 5.

According to Feldgrau the Ramcke Parachute Brigade originally had four battalions named after their commanders: Kroh, Hübner, Burkhardt, and von der Heyte. Battaillon Hübner was formed from the 2nd battalion FJ Regiment 5. Although the Ramcke Brigade escaped destruction at Alamein there was not much left of the unit by the time it reached Tunisia.

From my friend and research colleague Peter H...

According to this from WAF,re the Barenthin Regiment :

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/ ... php?t=9124

The "Luftwaffen-Jägerregiment" (the official name) arrived in Tunisia, in the area of Mateur in November 1942. CO was Oberst Walter Barenthin. It was composed of personnel from parachute jump schools, the "kraftfahrschule Helmstedt" (Driving School Helmstedt), the Segelflieger-Ergänzgruppe Posen" (Glider Pilot Replacement Group Posen) and one parachute antiaircraft machine gun battalion.....

In the order of battle of Division von Manteuffel dated March 18th 1.943 appears an unit designated Fallschirmjäger Regiment (mot) "Barenthin" and also is named in the previous designation of that unit in January 30, 1.943 as part as the then designated Division von Broich and formed by three bataillons, I and II, Infantry and the III Panzerjäger, but on March all three were Inafantry. Acording to my source during the time from February 26 till March 15, 1.943 this division was split in three groups, one of them formed by Regiment "Barenthin", the other "Gruppe Witzig" and the third an Italian unit.

Also this...

Lw.Rgt. Barenthin/

http://www.ww2.dk/ground/infanterie/lwbaren.htm - Michael Holm

Luftwaffen-Regiment Barenthin

Kommandeure:

GenMaj Walter Barenthin, 1.11.42 - 10.3.43

Oberst Hanns Baier, 10.4.43 - 5.43

Formed 11.42 in Tunesia from various parachute and other ad-hoc units. Destroyed there 5.43.

A Link and more here...

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=4267

Haz login o regístrate para participar